Besides aromatherapy just being very popular these days, it promotes therapeutic benefits for health and well-being. Also, who doesn’t want their space to smell amazing? and I’m not talking potent aerosol sprays, plug-in air fresheners or scented candles. What better way is there to experience fragrance than to diffuse pure, natural essential oils?
If you are looking to purchase an essential oil nebulizer diffuser and need some good options, then look no further. Nebulizer diffusers are considered the most effective kind of essential oil diffuser on the market since they do not use water to diffuse the essential oils (so the diffusing is more “powerful”). Here you will find some of the best essential oil nebulizing diffuser reviews.
If you want more information on what a nebulizer diffuser is and how exactly it works, you can check that out here.
What to Think About When Purchasing a Nebulizer Diffuser
There are a few things to consider when looking to purchase a nebulizer diffuser. One important note – when using a nebulizer you must never use carrier oils in the diffuser – only pure essential oils. Carrier oils are thicker and will clog/damage the diffuser. Also, there are certain essential oils such as Sandalwood, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Ginger, Vanilla, Frankincense and Myrrh (distilled from roots or resins) or some absolute essential oils that are a bit thicker. These essential oils need caution when using in a nebulizer since they may not atomize or might potentially clog the diffuser. It is advised to dilute such oils with other thinner essential oils (create a blend).
Points to Consider When Looking at Nebulizer Diffusers
- Made from good quality materials
- Noise level when running – some nebulizers are quite noisy
- Has a timer/auto shut-off/amount/intensity adjustment
- Light/night-light (if it’s a preference)
- Stable, easy to clean
- Manufacturer’s warranty
Some of the Best Essential Oil Nebulizer Diffusers
The Raindrop Nebulizing Diffuser by Organic Aromas
The Raindrop is a unique and elegantly designed nebulizer with a hand-made plantation hardwood base (with rubberized anti-slip bottom), and a custom-blown glass reservoir with a candle-wick top with no plastic materials used. It is perfect for any space whether in a spa or in your home.
This diffuser is super quiet while running, and as it is a nebulizer, it does not use heat or water. It has a rainbow-carousel LED mood light with a “touch sensor” light switch to turn on/off. A usage cycle of 2 minutes on, and 1 off can be set, with the device shutting off after 120 minutes to conserve energy/oil. You can also adjust the amount/intensity of oils that you want diffused. The styles come in black or natural wood.
- Measures approx. 5 inches wide (13 cm) and 9 inches tall (22 cm, models vary).
- Works on 110-220v electrical outlet and comes with a power adapter.
- It has a “volume” switch to control exactly how much/intensity of oil to diffuse.
- The unit has a usage cycle of 2 minutes on and 1 minute off, with an auto shut-off after 120 minutes.
- Equipped with a LED rainbow-carousel mood lighting that can be turned off/on.
- It takes only a small amount of essential oil to quickly saturate the air, and it can cover a room of up to 800+ sq ft. Will hold 25ml of essential oil.
- The glass items can be easily cleaned – simply rinse out the glass reservoir with rubbing alcohol.
- The diffuser comes with a One-Year Free Warranty on parts and labor.
Opulence Nebulizing Diffuser by Organic Aromas
This sleek, yet elegant, one of a kind nebulizer diffuser is sure to add a modern touch to your space. A market-first handcrafted ceramic base (with anti-slip gripper) and hand-blown glass reservoir offers high quality materials (with no plastic used).
The diffuser has a white colored LED mood light with a “touch sensor” light switch to turn on/off. The Opulence is quiet, and has an adjustable intensity level nob for the amount of air flow/scent diffusion. It has an intermittent usage cycle (2 minutes on, 1 off) and shuts off after 2 hours for energy/oil conservation. The diffuser comes in a white or black option.
- The unit measure’s approx. 5.6 inches wide (14 cm) and 9 inches tall (21 cm).
- Comes with a power adapter and works on 110-220v electric systems.
- Has adjustable “volume” / intensity nob to regulate diffusion amount.
- Usage cycle is 2 minutes on, 1 minute off, for 120 minutes, then automatically shuts off
- Equipped with a white colored LED light
- Aroma is dispersed quickly covering up to 800 sq ft
- Easy to clean by rinsing out reservoir with rubbing alcohol (once a week is ideal)
- The diffuser comes with a One-Year Free Warranty on parts and labor.
The Orbis Nox Merus Nebulizing Diffuser by ArOmis
The Orbis Nox Merus diffuser is fairly quiet when running, it has a natural, light beech wood round base and a hand-blown glass reservoir to hold the essential oils. There are no plastic materials used, therefore no possibility of corrosion from the oils. With proper care, it will last many years. This nebulizer is a functional piece of art that would go great in any space. It kind of reminds me of an old kerosene lamp.
Although it does not have any light-up functions, it has several options for it’s built-in timer. You can set it to cycle on and off every 10 minutes, before it turns off. This cycle can be set for 1 hour, 4 hours or 8 hours before it shuts off on it’s own. Also, you can have it runs continuously with a 12-hour shut-off function. The diffuser comes in 12 different style options (colors, shapes).
- The unit measure’s 11-inches tall x 7-inches wide at the base (with rubber at bottom for anti-slipping) and is 1 lb.
- Has a long AC power adapter
- Has four option timers with 1, 2 or 4 hour 10 minute on/of cycle or 12-hour shut-off
- The aroma from the nebulizer covers up to 900 sq ft, quickly saturating the air
- Easy to clean, using rubbing alcohol.
- It comes with a Lifetime Warranty
Wireless Nebulizer Diffuser by Two Scents
This little modern and stylish essential oil nebulizer is quiet, compact, portable and wireless. The device is rechargeable and lasts for up to 50 hours at a full charge – pretty impressive. This diffuser is perfect for taking anywhere with you, whether you are in your home, traveling, or even in your car. It has customizable timer settings from 1-4 hours or continuous. On the continuous setting it runs until battery runs out/depending on the intensity level (there are three intermittent intensity modes) of emitted aroma.
This diffuser is 100% leak-free after the oils are installed by twisting on a 10ml bottle, which locks into place. The diffuser is geared to automatically stop diffusion if the device is tilted or knocked over, to prevent any leakage.
- The diffuser measure’s 3.5-inches tall x 3.5-inches wide and weighs 7-ounces.
- Portable/wireless – the 1200mAH Rechargeable Lithium Ion battery lasts up to 50 hours on a full charge.
- Comes with a USB AC Adapter and Micro USB cord with the battery.
- Has customizable timer options for 1hr, 2hrs, 4hrs or continuous, till it runs out (depending on intensity level).
- Coverage is 650+ sq ft.
- Has three intermittent intensity modes – On for: 30 seconds (low), 60 seconds (medium), or 90 seconds (high); off for 120 seconds
- Comes with 2 reusable glass 10ml essential oil bottles
- Has a 6-month Warranty & Free returns/exchanges within 30 days
Nebulizer diffusers are very effective for aromatherapy since they diffuse pure, undiluted essential oils. The essential oil molecules disperse very quickly throughout the surrounding air, making it possible for the body to absorb and reap maximum benefits from them. All of the nebulizers listed above are quality diffusers that will be dependable and will last. It always helps to look for different options before making a decision on what you want. I hope this information has helped to accomplish just that.
For any questions or comments please feel free to leave them below!